be good to对….友好
get sth done使…被做
have got to不得不
be concerned about关心；挂念
walk the dog遛狗
make a list of列出
share sth with sb和某人分享某物
a series of 一系列；一套
be crazy about对…着迷
in order to/ so as to为了
face to face 面对面地
get along with 与…相处
have trouble with sb/sth 同某人闹意见；做…有困难
fall in love相爱
throw away the friendship放弃/终止友谊
communicate with sb 和…交际
far and wide到处
look to sth注意，留心某事
cheat sb (out) of sth骗取某人某物
have the/a habit of doing sth有做…的习惯
be ignorant of无知的
1. I wonder if…
2. It’s because…
3. What do you think a good friend should be like?
4. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car.
=While you were walking the dog, …在遛狗时，你不小心让狗挣脱了绳子，结果狗被车撞了。
（当while, when, before, after 等引导的时间状语从句中的主语与主句的主语一致时，可将从句中的主语和be动词省去。）
5. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts?
6. I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.
7. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
8. It was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face.
9. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice.
如果您给我提些建议，我会非常感谢的。（I would be grateful if…委婉客气提出请求）
10. It’s a good habit for you to keep a diary.