Winter-swimming has become popular in Beijing. Three years ago, few people would go swimming in the city waters. But now there is a Winter-swimming Enthusiasts' Club(冬泳爱好者协会)and it has more than 2, 000 members. The oldest is 84 years of age and the youngest is only 7. The members are from all ways of life. They may be workers, peasants, soldiers, teachers, students....
Though it is now the coldest part of the season and the water temperature in the city's lakes is around 0°C, many winter-swimmers still swim in the icy waters, even when it is snowing. They enjoy themselves in the lake, while the people by the side of the lake are wearing heavy clothes.
Why are so many people interested in winter-swimming? Because winter-swimming can be good for one's health.
Bei Sha is a good example. He is 69 years old, and he once suffered from heart trouble for 26 years. After ten years of winter-swimming he is now in good health. Scientists are now studying the effects of winter-swimming on health.
1. Among the winter-swimmers the oldest man is ____ years older than the youngest one.
A. 91 B. 84 C. 77 D. 7
2. Guess what "The members are from all ways of life" means.
A. The members do different jobs at different places.
B. They come from all parts of Beijing.
C. They are persons of different ages.
D. They are men and women, old and young.
3. Winter-swimming has become popular in Beijing because _______.
A. more and more people like to swim in winter
B. it is more interesting than swimming in summer
C. winter-swimmers are brave men
D. winter-swimming does a lot of good to one's health
4. The best title for this passage should be ______.
A. People in Beijing Like Swimming in Winter
B. Winter-swimming - A Craze(狂热) in Beijing
C. People Benefit from Winter-swimming
D. Winter-swimmers Are Brave Men
1. C。细节题。根据文章第1段倒数第3句The oldest is 84 years of age and the youngest is only 7 可推知答案为C。
2. A。句子理解题。根据其下文They may be workers, peasants, soldiers, teachers, students....可推知此题答案为A。
3. D。细节题。根据文章第3段第2句Because winter-swimming can be good for one's health.可推知此题答案为D。
4. B。主旨题。根据文章第1句Winter-swimming has become popular in Beijing及全文内容可推知此题答案为B。