Do you know Australia? Australia is the largest island in the world. It is a little smaller than China. It is in the south of the earth. Australia is big, but its population is not large. The population of Australia is nearly as large as that of Shanghai.
The government has made enough laws to fight pollution. The cities in Australia have got little air or water pollution. The sky is blue and the water is clean. You can clearly see fish swimming in the rivers. Plants grow very well.
Last month we visited Perth, the biggest city in Western Australia, and went to a wild flowers' exhibition. There we saw a large number of wild flowers we had never seen before. We had a wonderful time. Perth is famous for its beautiful wild flowers. In spring every year Perth has the wild flowers' exhibition. After visiting Perth, we spent the day in the countryside. We sat down and had a rest near a path at the foot of a hill. It was quiet and we enjoyed ourselves. Suddenly we heard bells ringing at the top of the hill. What we saw made us pick up all our things and run back to the car as quickly as we could. There were about three hundred sheep coming towards us down the path.
Australia is famous for its sheep and kangaroos(袋鼠). After a short drive from any town, you will find yourself in the middle of white sheep. Sheep, sheep, everywhere are sheep.
1. Australia is _______.
A. the largest country in the world
B. as large as Shanghai
C. not as large as China
D. the largest island in the north of the earth
2. The government had made _______.
A. too enough laws to fight pollution
B. so many laws that it can fight pollution
C. enough laws that it can hardly fight pollution
D. enough laws because the pollution is very serious
3. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Perth is famous for its beautiful wild flowers.
B. Perth is bigger than any other city in Western Australia.
C. Perth lies in the west of Australia.
D. No other city is larger than Perth in Australia.
4. In Perth you may visit a wild flowers' show in _______.
A. October B. January C. May D. July
5. Which of the following is true?
A. Australia is famous for its sheep, kangaroos and wild flowers.
B. We ran back to the car because we were in the middle of white sheep.
C. Three hundred sheep came towards us because they saw us.
D. If you go to the countryside in Australia, you will see a large number of white sheep.
1. C。细节题。根据第1段的第2句Australia is the largest island in the world. It is a little smaller than China可知答案为C。
2. B。细节题。根据第2段的The government has made enough laws to fight pollution可知答案为B。
3. D。由第3段的第1句"the biggest city in …"我们可以推测出是澳大利亚西部最大的城市，而选项D则说它是澳大利亚最大的城市，所以D错误。
4. D。根据第3段中的Last month we visited Perth, the biggest city in Western Australia…答案为 D。
5. D。从最后一段的After a short drive from any town, you will find yourself in the middle of white sheep…可以判断出选项D正确。